Each day, Pobble 365 upload a new image with various writing activities to get you thinking. These involve grammar activities, story writing and comprehension questions.
Visit this website to access this resource: www.pobble365.com
Other writing ideas:
Each child has an exercise book in their learning packs which can be used to do any writing that interests you. This may include:
- Writing the next chapter of a book you're reading
- Writing to the author of a book to tell them what you thought of it
- Writing a book review
- Watch a film and write a film review
- Watch an episode of a TV programme and create a comic strip of what might happen in the next episode
- Keeping a diary
- Writing a formal letter (e.g. to the Prime Minister/government)
- Writing an informal letter (e.g. to friends or family)
- Writing instructions (of any everyday activity or something more complex like baking instructions)
- Creating a leaflet or poster about a place
- Watch Newsround and write a newspaper article based on one of the stories on there
I have added a couple of 2do's on Purple Mash where you could complete some of these activities if you wish. This includes writing a book review, writing a letter to a book character and writing instructions.